Eligibility / Guidelines
Organizations eligible to apply for the IMPACT 100 Pensacola Bay Area grant must be:
- Tax-exempt public charity under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Based in Escambia and/or Santa Rosa counties, or a recognized local chapter of a state or national charity serving this region
- Registered with the Florida Division of Corporations as a non-profit corporation
Projects eligible for the IMPACT 100 grant must:
- Serve residents of and expend funds fully in Escambia and/or Santa Rosa counties
- Be a new program, expansion of an existing program, or a new or expanded collaborative effort of several non-profit organizations
- Have a total project budget for the full IMPACT 100 available grant ($102,500 for 2014)
- Expend funds within 24 months of award date
- Designate one of the following Focus Areas: (1) Arts & Culture (2) Education (3) Environment, Recreation & Preservation (4) Family (5) Health & Wellness
IMPACT 100 will not provide grants for:
- Debt reduction or operational deficits
- Applying IMPACT 100 funds to reduce or extinguish existing debt.
- Using IMPACT 100 funds as operating funds to cover budgeted or non-budgeted shortfalls.
- General operating expenses or overhead
- Using IMPACT 100 funds for general budget expenses.
- Items of an operating or overhead nature may be requested if applicable to the new initiative or project to be funded by IMPACT 100.
- Must have a plan for sustainability if IMPACT 100 funds are used.
- Grants to individuals
- Endowment Funding
- Includes any type of arrangement whereby funds are held temporarily or in perpetuity and not expended within the 24 month period required by IMPACT 100.
- Includes replenishment of previously existing endowment funds.
- Interim or bridge funding
- Using IMPACT 100 funds as interim financing or in anticipation of financing or of re-financing existing debt.
- Using IMPACT 100 funds until permanent financing or other funding is received.
- Partisan, legislative, or political activity
- Projects of individual churches, synagogues or other bodies of worship will not be funded unless a separate tax-exempt entity exists for receiving IMPACT 100 funds, that is not under the umbrella of the church, synagogue or other body of worship.
- Faith-based projects/programs which require participation in activities of a particular faith, denomination or religion in order to benefit from the project or program.
- Benefits of the project or program must be available to any person, regardless of religious beliefs or practices.
- Benefits of the project or program must not be dependent on any person being required to participate in any religious activity, ceremony or service.
- Capital improvements or renovations to property for the grant project where the organization does not own or have at least a five year lease.
As we continue to grow and evolve, IMPACT 100 Pensacola Bay Area reserves the right to change its eligibility criteria without notice at any time.
For additional information or questions regarding these criteria and guidelines, please contact us at email@example.com.