Pensacola, FL, September 18, 2014 – IMPACT 100 Pensacola Bay Area, a local women’s philanthropy group, is pleased to announce the 15 grant finalists selected for 2014. Ten of these 15 finalists will receive a grant of $102,500 at the IMPACT 100 Pensacola Bay Area Annual Meeting on Sunday, October 19, 2014.
The 15 finalists selected by IMPACT 100’s Focus Area Committees are:
ARTS & CULTURE
- Ballet Pensacola, Inc.
- Project: Technology and Infrastructure for Production–Moving Ballet Pensacola Forward with IMPACT
- First City Arts Alliance, Inc. dba First City Art Center
- Project: Increasing Capacity, Building Community
- The Santa Rosa County Creek Indian Tribe, Inc.
- Project: Infrastructure Development of Tribal Grounds
- East Hill Academy, Inc.
- Project: The IMPACT 100 Autism Learning Center: “Use Your WORDS”
- Escambia County Public Schools Foundation for Excellence, Inc.
- Project: Shoot for the Stars!
- The Pensacola MESS Hall, Inc.
- Project: The MESS Hall Express
ENVIRONMENT, RECREATION & PRESERVATION
- Miracle League of Northeast Pensacola, Inc. dba Miracle League of Pensacola
- Project: Field of Dreams: Finishing the Work
- Navarre Beach Sea Turtle Conservation Center, Inc.
- Project: Conservation and Protection: Sea Turtle Center Improvements
- Rotary Club of Pensacola Foundation, Inc.
- Project: Rotary Centennial Playground
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Florida, Inc.
- Project: 100 Men in 100 Days
- Manna Food Bank, Inc. dba Manna Food Pantries, MANNA
- Project: Preparing for a Brighter Tomorrow
- Society of St. Vincent De Paul Council of Pensacola-Tallahassee, Inc. dba Society of St. Vincent De Paul, Alfred Washburn Center
- Project: Living on the Edge
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Alzheimer’s Family Services, Inc.
- Project: Project Lifesaver
- Health and Hope Clinic, Inc.
- Project: Strengthening the Safety Net
- Our Lady of Angels St. Joseph Medical Clinic, Inc.
- Project: Improving and Expanding Patient Services at Our Lady of Angels St. Joseph Medical Clinic
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, October 19, 2014 at Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, 12 Via de Luna Drive, Pensacola Beach. Registration will begin at 12:30 PM and the meeting will begin promptly at 1:30 PM. The three finalists from each Focus Committee will make a five minute presentation at the meeting, and IMPACT 100 members will vote on two finalists in each of the five focus areas.
This is the 11th year IMPACT 100 has awarded grants to local non-profits. The total amount awarded to date is $5,151,000 since 2004. This year’s awards will bring the total funds awarded in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties to $6,176,000.
Karen Aloy, Board Member
Phone: (850) 232-8843