IMPACT 100 PENSACOLA BAY AREA
ANNOUNCES 2018 FINALISTS
Pensacola, FL, September 12, 2018 – IMPACT 100 Pensacola Bay Area, a local, women’s philanthropic group, is pleased to announce the fifteen grant finalists selected for 2018. Eleven of these fifteen nonprofit finalists will each receive a grant of $100,300 at the IMPACT 100 Pensacola Bay Area Annual Meeting in October.
The fifteen finalists selected by IMPACT 100’s Focus Area Committees are as follows:
ARTS & CULTURE
- First City Arts Alliance, Inc. dba First City Art Center
Project: Creating Space for Educating and Inspiring Youth
- Pensacola High School Band Boosters Association, Inc.
Project: Music is for Everyone at PHS
- Pyramid, Inc.
Project: Bringing the Arts to the Underserved in Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties
- Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge, Inc.
Project: Return to the Wild
- Escambia County Public Schools Foundation for Excellence, Inc.
dba Escambia County Public Schools Foundation
Project: Swim, Soar, and Fly into Science Inspiring Hands-on Exploration of Our Natural World
- Santa Rosa County 4-H Association, Inc.
Project: 4-H Field Education Facility
ENVIRONMENT, RECREATION & PRESERVATION
- Miracle League of Santa Rosa County, Inc.
Project: Miracle Field of Dreams
- Mother Wit Institute, Inc.
Project: Save the Ella L. Jordan Home – A Historic Place
- Veterans Memorial Park Foundation of Pensacola, Inc.
Project: Restoring Veterans Memorial Lighting
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Florida, Inc.
Project: There’s No Place Like Home
- Sacred Heart Foundation, Inc.
Project: “Paw”erful Medicine – Using Animal-Assisted Therapy to Make “Ruff” Days a Little Brighter
- Young Men’s Christian Association of Northwest Florida, Inc. dba YMCA of Northwest Florida
Project: The Wheels on the Bus
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- KlaasKIDS Foundation, Inc.
Project: Missing Child Response & Child Exploitation Prevention
- Opening Doors Northwest Florida, Inc. dba EscaRosa Coalition on the Homeless, Inc.
Project: Opening Doors on a Mission to Reach, Respond, Restore
- Re-Entry Alliance Pensacola, Inc. dba REAP
Project: REAP’s Women’s Re-entry Portal – Pathway for Success
IMPACT 100’s Annual Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, October 14, 2018 at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, 12 Via de Luna Drive, Pensacola Beach, Florida. Registration will begin at 12:45 p.m. and the meeting will begin promptly at 1:30 p.m.
Each finalist from the Focus Area Committees will give a presentation at the meeting. IMPACT 100 members will select two recipients from each Focus Area, and one additional recipient will be selected from one of the Focus Areas. With a record number 1,103 members in this 15th year, IMPACT 100 will award $100,300 each to eleven nonprofit organizations in Escambia and/or Santa Rosa County for a total impact of $1,103,000 in 2018.
Since its inception in 2004, IMPACT 100 Pensacola Bay Area has awarded 87 grants totaling $9,395,000. With the addition of this year’s awards, IMPACT 100 will have awarded 98 grants totaling $10,498,000.
Maria V. Goldberg, Board Member